Saturday, October 20, 2012

Indy Food Critic: Hog Stop BBQ (Council Bluffs, Ia)


Was in my home town of Council Bluffs, Ia Did went to Hog Stops BBQ over on 35th and 9th Ave over by Harrah's That is 5 blocks where I had lived. Some one on my Facebook page tolled me this place had good corn bread. It had been say it was on a Food show I haven't seen. It is a bar kind of place serves BBQ. I had their shaved pork dinner their with two sides my pick of sides where french fries and smoked mac and cheese. It dose come with corn bread that looks like a hybrid of a Texas toast. Shaved pork was not mostly what I think it was I was thinking more like pull pork or chop porker. It was bit cold probably comes from another park of the pig next to the stomach. Didn't care much for it. Smoke mac and cheese has a smoke taste to it. Had been smoked. The fries where pretty good. Corn bread that looks like a Texas toast was a bit spicy. Do like spicy foods. But not in corn bread as much. BBQ sauce not really the best kind of taste I like for a BBQ sauce. I had better BBQ then this place. My BBQ place is still Papa Bob's over in Bonner Springs, Ks. The one's that every body says is the best BBQ place are happen to not be really that good. Their is no rush to come back to this place when I am in Council Bluffs. Maybe if I get something else that might be better. 1 out of 5 I give it a 2 out of 5. Haven't been doing much of Indy Food Critic's for a while because didn't really went to much place's to do reviews on for a while. Been doing more of the Halloween blogs for the month of October. But I well be doing more Indy Food Critic things soon. Maybe next time I want to go to Starsky's bar and grill for their pig wings and corn nuggets over in Omaha, Ne do a review on it and the same with wanting to go to Big Mamma's for oven fried chicken.


            Remember something I am my own food critic and for now keep on eating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My farewell Blog

 This is the first blog in the year 2023 that it is my lost blog I am going to be doing on Blogger that I been blogging on here since 2012 m...